0 votes
asked in Children's Health by

2 Answers

0 votes
Toddlers and infants often explore items by putting them in their mouth. Most people who swallow a foreign object are under the age of 3.

A child’s risk of swallowing something potentially dangerous increases when they’re left with little or no supervision.
answered by
0 votes
The risk also increases when the following types of objects are within their reach:

    small batteries
    small magnets

Anything that can fit inside a toddler’s mouth may eventually end up there if no one is watching the child carefully. You should always childproof your child’s play area by keeping these items out of reach.
answered by